This Pen Tuning Kit contains everything you need to tune up your fountain pen nib. We have had a lot of requests from our customers to put these items into a kit to save time ordering. We have also made the abrasive sheets smaller and easier to manage. This kit would make a perfect gift for any fountain pen enthusiast.
This kit is also available with a convenient carry and storage case.
This kit contains:
3 x 75 x 50 mm 12,000 Grit Micro Mesh
3 x 70 x 50 mm 0.3 Micron White Mylar Paper
2 x 75 x 50 mm 0.05mm Brass Sheet
2 x 75 x 25 mm Fountain Pen Grip
Always use in this order:
(1) Micro Mesh
(3) White Mylar Paper
Follow this procedure for the Micro Mesh and Mylar sheets.
1) Flush your pen and dry the nib.
2) If your nib is scratchy in one direction. Eg. Downward, left to right. 'Write'on the abrasive in the same direction only.
If your nib is scratchy in every direction, draw a figure eight.
3) Do this three times then write on normal paper to test the nib.
4) Never do more than three strokes at one time on any abrasive.
5) Apply normal writing pressure.
The brass sheets are used to remove paper fibres from nibs and dried up ink from fountain pen nibs and ink feeders. These sheets work in a similar way to Dental Floss. Brass is generally safe and non-reactive with most nibs but care should be taken not to scratch gold plating or other finishes off nibs.
1) There is no need to remove the nib from the pen.
2) Insert one corner of the brass sheet into the slit of the nib and slowly drag it towards the tip.
3) Allow the sheet to ease it's way up out of the tines as it gets closer to the tip where the tines are closer together.
4) Inspect the nib carefully with a magnifying glass and repeat if necessary.
5) Thoroughly flush the pen with a flusher bulb to remove any dislodged residue.
To clean ink feeders, carefully scrape the dried ink from between the fins of the feeder with one of the corners.
When the corner becomes worn, cut a thin strip off the short side with scissors to give you a new sharp corner.
Using this product on a pen under warranty will void that warranty. We strongly recommend that you make a claim under the warranty and not attempt to fix it yourself.
This product can rectify or improve a wide range of fountain pen problems but can also, if used incorrectly, make things worse and even irreparably damage the nib or the pen.
We strongly recommend that you practice on an inexpensive pen first to gain experience and that you exercise great care at all times when using this product.
What you said:
We want all these things in a kit to save ordering each product individually.
What we did:
Put together a kit with the option of a storage and carry case.
Fountain Pen Nib Tuning Kit
- Product Code: FPT0540
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: $10.45
Tags: we're listening